This booklet covers basic and advanced techniques, breaking them down into simple, easy-to-understand instructions, accompanied by detailed illustrations.
This booklet covers:
- Tapestry weaving- what it is and how it differs from cloth weaving.
- Types of looms for use in tapestry weaving.
- Weaving tools and how to use them.
- Planning your weaving and choosing your fibres.
- Warping your loom and beginning to weave.
- Shape-building, starting with geometric shapes and moving on to more complex structures.
- Interlocking and hatching techniques for creating a well-structured weaving.
- Colour-blending, creating vertical lines with pick and pick and soft gradients
- Free Weave, a more organic type of tapestry weaving.
- Creating texture with twill, soumak and rya knotting.
- How to finish your weaving once you’ve taken it off the loom
- How to display and frame your weaving.
Each technique is illustrated with hand-drawn diagrams. I also explore the techniques and processes I use in my own work.
This booklet is also available as an eBook! Visit my website to find out more- www.christabelbalfour.com/tapestry-weaving-illustrated-guide
UK Shipping- £3.00 Please allow 4-5 working days for your booklet to arrive
International Shipping- £6.00 Please allow 8-10 working days for your booklet to arrive.