UPDATE- One-to-One bookings are now closed until 2018. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when they open again.
The Tapestry Weaving One-to-One is a three hour class exploring tapestry in greater depth. It’s perfect for both beginners and advanced students as it’s tailored to you and what you want to learn. Whether you want an in-depth look at a few key techniques or a hands-on approach while you master the basics, I’ll put together a bespoke lesson plan with accompanying teaching notes, focusing on how you want to develop as a weaver.
Here are a few of the subjects I can cover:
- Pictorial Designs- how to translate a design on paper onto the loom.
- Texture- using soumak, rya knotting and unusual fibres to create textures and tactile surfaces.
- Colour Blending- mixing similar and contrasting shades, using hatching and interlocking to mix colours on the loom.
- Functional Textiles- how to weave textiles for everyday use such as rugs, cushion covers, place mats and so on.
- Refining Technique- fixing errors in your weaving technique such as tight weft, curving selvedges, vertical slits, uneven tension and more.
Students will get their own tapestry frame loom, weaving tools, warp thread and wool to take home with them, along with a copy of my booklet- “Tapestry Weaving: An Illustrate Guide.”
Classes are held in my studio in Peckham, south east London, and can take place within working hours, Monday- Saturday. Slots for evening classes are also available.
You can schedule your class by emailing me at email@example.com